- Digital displays – digital signage
Digital signage, also called dynamic signage, is a specialized form of content delivery. The video or multimedia content is displayed in public places for informational or advertising purposes. A digital sign usually consists of a computer or playback device connected to a large, bright digital screen such as an LCD or plasma display, or to a cube wall, which consists of multiple displays put together, either 2 X 2, 3 X 3, 4 X 4, etc. or even in a random format of displays done by advanced TV wall mounting procedures .
Digital signage is used in department stores, schools, libraries, office buildings, medical facilities, airports, train and bus stations, banks, auto dealerships and other public venues. If the display is connected to a computer, the data on the screen can be updated in real time by means of an Internet or proprietary network connection. Data transmission and storage are streamlined by compression to minimize file size. Multiple TV wall mounting is done to have an extra-large display if desired .
There are several advantages to the use of digital displays instead of paper signs. Digital signage can be updated at will by remote control while paper signs require individual replacement and physical travel to sign sites by personnel. Because digital signs require no paper or paint, they are more environmentally friendly than traditional signs. Digital signs can be animated and can deliver sound as well as visual content.
When people say “digital signage”, they’re talking about digital displays used to inform and persuade, and it’s popping up in public spaces all over the world. Retailers and transit systems using multiple TV wall mounting to create a digital signage is becoming really common, and every day more and more campuses, government institutions and corporations are finding their own ways to benefit from this increasingly affordable technology.
Companies use digital displays to welcome visitors, show meeting schedules, or tell employees what’s for lunch. Maybe students are reminded that registration ends tomorrow or directed to interactive wayfinding on touchscreens to find their way around campus. As the day comes to a close, screens in your facility might show local weather and traffic so that people can plan their commutes. What you show is really only limited by what you can imagine and create by these magnificent TV wall mounting setups.
What are the benefits of digital signage?
To communicate with people, you have to get their attention. Watching TV and using computers has trained us to look at screens for information, so having a huge eye catching TV wall mounting display or digital signage is a natural choice for reaching large audiences. It’s also better than email, printed posters, and bulletin boards because:
- You can deliver breaking news in real-time
- Screens are bright and show motion
- You can have multiple things on a screen at once
- You can change what’s on the screen throughout the day
- It’s cheaper than print for big audiences
- It’s better than print for green reasons
Each reason for communicating will have its own benefits:
- To compel – student organizations and activities, benefits enrolment, charity drives
- To inform – new policies at work, classes and training dates, wayfinding and directories, weather and news
- To motivate – recognition and reward programs, stock prices and profit-sharing schemes, internal contests
- To include – welcome messages, new hire and birthday announcements, community and social activities
- To recognize – organization and individual achievements, safety benchmarks, sports teams stats
- To warn – severe weather, fire and other emergencies, security threats
Why do I need digital signage?
Digital signage not only informs and engages more people through creative presentation, but also reaches them instantly and reliably – and messages can be updated or retired in real-time. It is a modern approach to communications that draws in viewers with bright, animated graphics and interactivity.
These tools also improve your emergency preparedness by giving you a powerful and flexible tool to deliver security and weather alerts speedily. No matter how detailed or from what source, messages can be distributed in seconds, shown in simply TV wall mounting screens .
What kind of content can I show on my digital displays?
- Text and graphics
- Video and Flash with audio
- Event schedules
- Interactive wayfinding and directories
- Weather, news and stock updates
- Alert notifications
- Web pages
- Polls, surveys and contests
- Cable feeds and streaming
- Social media and other RSS feeds
The newest and most interesting digital display is the IFace – Digital mirror. We supply and do TV wall mounting installations for them as well. Please see details here.